• Extensive experience drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial contracts, including distribution and licensing agreements with national video programming networks (e.g., ABC/Disney/ESPN, Viacom/MTV Networks, and NBC Universal), local broadcast television stations (e.g., ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox affiliates), and performing rights organizations representing copyright holders in the music industry (e.g., BMI and ASCAP).
• Substantial experience counseling telecommunications companies on federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and assisting companies with the development of policies and procedures for complying with equal employment opportunity, political advertising, customer service, and other legal obligations.
• Significant experience advising clients on issues related to online privacy, network neutrality, acceptable use policies, hardware and software licensing, and emerging technologies in the communications industry (e.g., navigation devices, home networking devices, and online video streaming).
• Counseled national trade association board of directors and executives on policy positions and laws and regulations affecting the association’s more than 900 member companies, and participated in meetings with association executives and staffers from the Federal Communications Commission, Federal Trade Commission, Department of Commerce, Department of Justice, United States House of Representatives, and United States Senate.
• Advocated policy positions in a variety of proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission, including the Open Internet/network neutrality rulemaking (http://bit.ly/P83o8i, http://bit.ly/P83qNx, and http://bit.ly/P83tZG); the proposed transaction between Comcast Corporation, General Electric Company, and NBC Universal, Inc. (http://bit.ly/NlZwx9 and http://bit.ly/NlZC85); and other proceedings (http://bit.ly/P84h0M).